Friday, December 26, 2008

Unbuyable Gifts

This year during the last few weeks before Christmas we read a book called "Don't Forget the Star" written by George Durrant (Our former Stake President/Man who married us). One chapter talks about how important it is to give an unbuyable gift each Christmas. I was discouraged that my mind was drawing a blank. I arrived at church last Sunday and was given the answer.

Our ward choir was in need of extra voices for the sacrament program. I was worried because I had not attended the practices but was told that only 4 people had ever shown up. We were singing a handful of Christmas hymns that were familiar so I agreed to sing. Joe was also asked to sing and actually agreed too!

As you all know, singing is my passion! I sing in the car, while I cook, and sometimes while I blog! Anyway, I was so thankful that I was able to use my dwindling talent to contribute to a beautiful choir performance! I had given the Savior an unbuyable gift. What a cool way to worship the Lord of Lords. I cannot think of a better way to give thanks for that little baby boy born in Bethlehem then to sing praises to Him!

1 comment:

  1. Allie, if you're voice is a "dwindling talent" than there is NO hope for any of us who truly lack your gorgeous talent!

    I am so happy for you that you were able to share your BEAUTIFUL GIFT with everyone in your ward!

    ReplyDelete