This year's birthday was as close to perfect as you can get! I woke up on Thursday December 11th, went to the Canyons to work out, punched in my new age on Cross-Ramp, and enjoyed the scenic Bitterroot Mountains as I worked up a sweat! After showering, I headed over to the Rogers to teach Katie Spanish. I picked Kris up from playgroup and thankfully nobody knew it was my birthday...I wanted to see what anonymity felt like this year for the first time. I was almost successful.
While Joe and I were out to lunch, we were discussing ideas for a blind date with his brother Ed and a girl Eric Rogers knew. We decided to buy them matching t-shirts so I needed to know what size this girl was. Eric said she had some pics on FaceBook.
The first time I had even heard of FaceBook was at Thanksgiving last year from my brother Matt. He thought I was pretty backwards for not knowing what Facebook was. Anyway, in order to search someone I had to sign up first. Not knowing or understanding how Facebook worked, I soon was on and searching. Then people started requesting to be my friend and writing on my wall! The first ones to contact me were my sisters Leslie and Caitlin. They were so excited that I was finally on. I actually wasn't trying to set up an account but now I am loving it! My sisters accused me of being a Birthday Pimp, because everyone could see that it was my birthday. AAAAGHHHHH! I had approximately 30 new friends by the end of the day and about that many birthday wishes. I found old college roomies and even our AuPare Jancine! So this picture was taken to update my profile on Facebook. Cheesy, I know.
Birthday Gifts:
Joe got me the best gift this year...a Haircut!! He scheduled me in with Wes Matson at Hair With Style. He did an amazing job making me look beautiful. Thanks honey! That's another reason I took the above picture.
For my actual birthday Joe and the kids bought me Glenn Beck's new book and a new pillow!!!! All my pillows up to now have been flatter than pancakes so this was a really big deal to me. Joe even dressed it up with a new red satin pillowcase. Wow!
The evening of my birthday was spent at Jansen's last basketball game of the season. Ever since I met Joe I have spent every birthday night in a gym! LOL! Jansen played great and they took third in the tournament. Since I was otherwise occupied, Brenda and I went to see Twilight on the Monday after my birthday. We had a great time but the teenage angst was almost more than I could handle. The book and my imagination just can't even begin to compare.

I am a firm believer in buying myself something for my birthday. This year I splurged and got the Canon Pixma MX310. I call it my new baby. It prints, scans, photocopies, and faxes! Yay Me!

Hopefully this year's birthday is foreshadowing what a great year this will be for me! Thanks for the Enya CD and birthday packages mom! I love the new Enya music!



WOW, Allie it looks like you had an awesome Birthday!
ReplyDeleteYour haircut is freakin' fantabulous... you look amazing-er! LOL
Wish we could have spent the day together! =(
-Leslie
FB huh.. will have to look for you when I get on next. The pic is cute though- and happy belated birthday!
ReplyDelete(I buy myself something on my birthdya too!)