Monday, December 1, 2008

Holy Gravy! It's Thanksgiving!

This year we broke away from a traditional humongous Thanksgiving. The Gwynns decided not to go to Cody this year so it was the perfect time to try something new and different. We had Thanksgiving with our 2 families only. However, both Brenda and I cooked for about 40 people. Let me explain...


Joe was convinced that each person there (10 total) would need to have at least 7 rolls a piece. And so I baked homemade rolls, and I baked more homemade rolls, and so that panic would not set in on my OCD husband, I baked yet another batch of homemade rolls! In case you are not a mathematician, that equaled 60 rolls for 10 people. You do the math...and not one person ate more than 3...not even Joe! But at least I have now proven myself as an awesome wife. Joe has waited years for me to be able to make rolls for him. I spent all year perfecting it just for this occasion! Yay me!

On the flip side, Brenda brought enough turkey to feed an army but enough gravy for a small country! I have never seen so much gravy in all my life! Oh it was delicious, but we didn't even make a dent in it! As for the corn .... we have eaten it 4 times this week and it still isn't gone! A word on stuffing, Joe insisted on 2 boxes even though he knows that nobody likes it. It just didn't seem right not to have it. And yes, there was Grandma Odom's cherry whip which only 3 people even ate. Well, more for me I guess! So why don't I have a picture of the gravy??? Well, Jansen was in charge of the photography and he took pictures of rolls (Yay!) and apples (Huh?)

The next photo should be of the yummy drink Pomegranate 7-Up...a must have for this holiday season!!

Oh, and there is a picture of the gravy. Well, half of it! lol

And while we got ready to feast, Nicole could not put down her book. When I found out it was Twilight...I asked no questions. There is a special reverence that needs not be disturbed.


I would have liked to have shown you the clever L-shaped table along with minimal decor or even pictures of our lame attempt at trying to eat all that food. But alas, the pictures taken by a teenage boy will have to suffice. I was actually quite impressed with the food pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Dang Allie! That is a HUGE amount of rolls! LOL Tell Joe he should he all the left overs!!!

    Looks like a great time all the same!

    ReplyDelete