Sunday, December 28, 2008

Mr and Mrs Claus

So this was the year that the jig was up. Childhood fantasies of the toothfairy and Santa no longer exist in our house. While it makes me a little sad, it shows how our family is growing up and I guess that is inevitable. However, I enforce the rule that Santa only comes to those who believe! The pressure was off this year and it ended up being the best Christmas ever...minus Calie being sick of course.

This year Mr and Mrs Claus gave each other the same gifts! I am so not lying. We both got each other video cameras and mp3s! Too funny! I am enjoying my new Timex watch with Indiglo while Joe laughed at receiving a framed photo of Charlise Theron from Hancock from who else? Jansen!

The best gift of the year though was the family picture on canvas! I did get to keep one secret I guess. Joe was blown away with the canvas! He immediately left the Christmas room and hung it! Thanks again Kris. This picture typifies our year in 2008: looking up to the heavens and catching snowflakes on our tongues!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, is it gone for Kristen, too? She is so little! Ry is wavering, he is way too logical about everything. Hannah and Maddie talked him into at least 1 more year of belief, we will see where next year takes us.

    BTW, I will try to remember to breathe. Right now, I think sleep deprivation and Tylenol are going to be 2 main parts of my life. I am looking forward to seeing you a lot more often than we do now. I think Jansen was 8 or 9 last time we saw you and Carlie and Will were still little kids. Why do they have to grow up?

    ReplyDelete