Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Break Catch Up!

Thanksgiving break was so awesome! Unfortunately I forgot to take the camera to the Basketball Extravaganza at the church before turkey day. A few families: Rogers, Heaths, Rechts, Hayes, and Jessops got together for a night of basketball. Carlie already had plans to go see Twilight with Penny for her birthday so she was bummed that she couldn't go. The rest of us had a blast! The little kids watched Wall-E while the youth and adults went at it on the court. And no, I didn't play .... but I was an enthusiastic spectator!

Now on to Albert-Jessop-Gwynn Night! Since Nicole was home from college, she and Ashley Albert planned to get all three families together again on the day after Thanksgiving. First we went to Pizza Hut and had yummy pizza and pasta bakes. Then we headed back to our house for what else? PIE! We basically just hung out and had a great time.




Of course, in this group, Will is pretty much the odd-man-out. As the evening progressed I let him be camera-man.










Shortly after he was pretty much bored and in need of some serious attention. I decided to head upstairs with him to find something on tv. I snuggled him on the couch and within minutes I had fallen fast asleep! How embarrassing!!! I didn't wake up till 5am and realized that I had slept through company.

Sidenote: Thanksgiving night I had stayed up all night with Kristen as she puked, and puked, and puked some more. I had approximately 1 hour of uninterrupted sleep. I had dragged myself out of bed to hit black friday for a couple of hours. Shopping was severely disappointing. I came back home determined to nap but then was wired the rest of the day. So, sorry Alberts and Gwynns, hope you understand.

On Saturday, I braved yet another trip to Missoula with the kids. My desire to shop is so intense lately and it makes a great excuse as I try to conquer my fear of driving. And this time...it was in the rain! The kids and I had a great time and found some amazing sales! I was especially thrilled with the Aeropostale sale: everything 50-70% off!!! I came out with 2 huge bagfulls...one for me and one for Christmas gifts. As the afternoon got later, I realized that I would have to drive home in the dark. Another fear... I decided instead of trying to rush through the mall, to just enjoy the afternoon with the kids. We ate at our favorite restaurant Noodle Express and just had fun being together. (Joe was helping Dave build his house and then went up the mountain to find a tree or he would have been with us too.)

The drive home was not fun! Driving in the dark isn't just a fear...I actually have terrible night vision. By the time we got home, my neck and back were in knots and I was starting into the shaking part of an anxiety attack. But I was so excited about my awesome Christmas shopping spree that I just let the shakes come, let Joe hug me tight, smiled big, and the rest of the panic attack never hit. Whew! Then on Sunday I got to teach Jansen's youth Sunday School class as well as my regular primary singing time. To say I had a full Thanksgiving break would be an understatement! I hope Christmas break will be this exciting...minus the puking of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment