Friday, December 26, 2008

Something Homemade?

Each year for Christmas I think it would be so cool to make something for someone. Aside from baking, writing a poem, and stamping a card, I have yet to figure that one out. This year though I achieved the impossible! I sewed a pillowcase!!!!

Oh, laugh if you must but I promise my high school home-ec teacher and mom are beaming right now! I was sneaky about pulling the sewing machine out of hibernation and then returning all evidence before Joe got home from work. I even wrapped it and put it under the tree knowing that Joe would be floored!

What I didn't count on was my darling 3 year old who also shared the excitement of the momentous occasion. Joe wasn't in the door more than 2 steps when Kris went running up to him saying, "Daddy, Mommy made you a new pillowcase!" Joe was so excited and I was completely defeated all at once. Oh well! At least I actually did it and he loved it!



I made the body pillowcase with the eagles soaring. The other pillows in the picture are my new red satin pillow from my birthday, a snowman pillowcase mom made when the kids were little, and the littlest one is my new fave. It says: I've had it with reality...I want my fairy godmother!

1 comment:

  1. You never seem to stop impressing me! The pillowcase looks AWESOME! Sorry about Kristen spilling the beans.
    I was VERY careful with what Diana saw me buy this year. She's a regular Benedict Arnold!

    ReplyDelete