Saturday, July 12, 2008

Snow To Go




Jansen is a working machine! He just started at Snow to Go 3 days ago and has put in 16 hours! He might make enough money to go to his basketball camp at this rate! He is getting paid minimum wage and gets to keep any tips he makes. To say that I am proud of him is quite an understatement. And oooh, I love snow cones! Today I had Strawberry Daquiri, Will had Dreamsicle, and Carlie had Kiwi/Grape. Yum!

The snowshack stays parked in front of our Albertsons and is opened 11am-7:30pm. Two families in our ward (Smiths and Apedailes) had their kids invest all of the hard earned money into buying it one year ago. It was a great way for them to learn about running a business. This year the 2 families have busy summers so they have hired on some of the other LDS kids in our ward to help out.

Jansen worked an 8 hour shift today so he borrowed the Gwynn's portable DVD player to watch movies during downtime. He actually did keep pretty busy today though. It's been weird having him gone so much but I know it's a great experience for him! What a cool way to spend a hot summer day!

1 comment:

  1. WAY TO GO JANSEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Congrats on a fun job and for earning the money for camp the good old fashioned way....Hard work!!

    -Leslie

    ReplyDelete