Whew! I finally finished the blogs about our summer trip. I played with the post dates and times to make it more readable. Be sure to click on older posts after reading this first page. There were so many entries that it went to the next page. When you hit the Memorial Day blog you will know you have caught up.
In other news, Carlie is 6 days away from her first overnight basketball camp. She is still trying to raise $50 more after her freethrow shoot. She made 37 out of 100 which is only 3 shy of what she set her goal at.
Jansen is starting his fund raising for camp in August. He starts working at Snow-To-Go on Saturday so that will help. He is also starting a curb painting business. He is scrambling to earn the $400 he needs for camp. Carlie started out with $100 of her own saved money whereas Jansen started with only $15! Yikes!
Will has taken up a new hobby....paintballing! Actually it is the new Jessop thing. All the uncles and cousins play. Notice I did not include myself in there. And I along with Kris are the only ones not sporting welts and bruises!
I spent most of the day researching Marcus Daly for our upcoming primary activity. We will be going to Daly Mansion to do a service project and then afterwards, I have been asked to come up with a rap about Marcus Daly. It's awesome! Here's a little taste: Mar-cus! Da-ly! He's the Copper King! Let Me Hear It Now.....Mar-Cus! Da-ly! He's the Copper King!
I will divide the kids into 5 groups and they will learn their one verse and then we'll put it all together. Woohoo! The creative juices have been flowing!
Hope all is well with everyone!
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment