Saturday, July 5, 2008

Cascade Springs People Pics







Thursday, 19 June
Boys went to Jordan’s house for Wii games

Girls went to Barnes and Noble at Jordan Landing
Jordan, Julie and Papa played soccer; some of the kids went to Fox Hollow Park
(While we were driving to Utah I received a call in the middle of the Idaho desert from a woman in Hamilton who wanted to hire me as a Spanish teacher for her 6 year old daughter. I was able to find some great curriculum at the bookstore. Yahoo!)


Friday, 20 June
Jordan and Julie did a Galvanic Spa demonstration for Mimi, Allison and Leslie
Everyone drove to Cascade Springs when Papa got off work at about 4:00 p.m. Enjoyed the springs. Leslie almost ran out of gas and had to coast all the way down the Alpine Loop and into Provo
Ate dinner at McDonalds in Lehi

Okay, so there's a lot more to the story. I was under the impression that our little hike would be about 10 minutes up the canyon. Had I known that I would be driving windy mountain roads for 45 minutes, there's no way I would have gone. So I guess that was a good thing. And Leslie would have for sure gassed up before the expedition had she known how far we were going. She only had about 9 miles to go till empty by the time we got to the top! Ahhh, family outings with the Odoms!

Fortunately, since Joe was not with us that gave Carlie the shotgun position in the van. Thankfully she did not get sick on the way up. However, Will went with mimi and papa and was a sour grape shade of green by the time we got up to the top! Poor kid! To distract him from his upset tummy, I let him be in charge of the camera. Throughout the entire trip he, Jansen, and I took about 300 pictures!! Mom and Dad have awesome pictures of the actual springs so I thought I would post the "people pics".

We had a great time at the springs dad! Thanks for showing the way. I know we teased you about not knowing how far we were going but there are always lessons to be learned: 1. Allie can drive longer than she thought 2. Carlie can last not getting carsick if she's shotgun uphill but downhill...not so much 3. Fumes and a lot of prayer can coast you from Cascade Springs to Provo! I wouldn't recommend trying it though. Again, Leslie you are my hero! 4. Mom is always beautiful! Oh wait, we already knew that 5. Had this event not been penned in on the calendar versus penciled in it would not have happened. LOL Dad! We laughed at your calendaring but we were able to make the best use of our time because of it. Thanks for taking us!
love, allie

No comments:

Post a Comment