What a summer to remember and we just started into July! Our trip to mimi and papa’s in Saratoga Springs, Utah was incredible! We did more things than I could have ever imagined! Dad was kind enough to email the itinerary and I was surprised at how we crammed into a couple of weeks.
We started out on Tuesday June 17th…a full 4 days earlier than planned! Joe was driving down to Logan with Dan Gwynn on a spur of the moment “investing” opportunity. The wheels in my brain immediately started whirring and Monday night at 11pm I figured out that we could all go! Yippee! The only catch was that I would have to drive from Tremonton without Joe. I was so anxious to see mom and dad though that I pushed my driving anxiety away. As we neared Tremonton I could feel myself getting anxious. We switched off at a gas station and the kids and I headed off. Not even 2 miles down the freeway the tire light came on. I quickly called Joe and we met at the next exit. I had a flat tire! Thankfully there was still one place open and we were able to get it fixed. Whew!
While we were waiting, I was on the verge of a major anxiety attack and all I wanted to do was throw up. Once the tire was fixed and we got on I-15 I was better because I had to be. Jansen was my coach all the way to Saratoga Springs. Why am I so petrified of driving more than 55mph? It is totally irrational. But that is what I live with as part of my anxiety disorder. My kids were awesome cheerleaders but I got off of I-15 at the airport exit and took Redwood Rd the rest of the way. And now we know why they call it Redwood Road…..we hit every light red!! It took forever. Next time I’ll try to stay on I-15 longer.
The following blog entries will hopefully capture how much fun we had on our 2008 summer vacation. Thank you Leslie for driving 1900 miles from Tennessee with your 5 kids! You are my hero! Thank you Mom and Dad for meals, comfy bedding, patience, love, so much fun, and awesome memories!
Love, allie
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment