Tuesday, 24 June Continued Papa, Jordan, and Joe took kids to hike up to the Y on Y Mountain; afterward visited the Wilkinson Center and then had dinner at the Malt Shoppe in Provo.
I can't comment too much on this one since I didn't go. However, I had the kids write about their summer vacation for summer school this week and Jansen, Carlie, and Will all wrote that it was the highlight of their vacation! I think the hike pushed everyone to their limit and everyone learned that they can achieve anything!
Incidentally, nobody got sunburned at Laura's pool but everyone fried up there on the mountain! I am sure that all the grandkids will talk about hiking the Y for many years to come. The views are breathtaking.
Mimi kept the small kids at home Leslie, Allison and Julie went to IKEA and Target
Oh how I wish I had taken my camera shopping. Our Girls Night Out was one of the best I have ever had! To cheer Leslie up from having her cell phone stolen, we decided that it was time to take Leslie to IKEA. What an event! She thought she had died and gone to heaven! I don't know if we enjoyed shopping as much as we enjoyed watching Leslie's exuberant excitement at every turn! We also had their awesome meatballs and potatoes for dinner. Julie wore a shirt that said, "Was that an earthquake or did I just rock your world?" It couldn't have been more appropriate. IKEA definitely rocked our world!
Then on to Target! Okay, so Leslie and I get excited about the little things in the big city. The three of us had so much fun! The welt on my foot has finally gone away where Julie popped the elastic thingy off the shoes I was trying on. LOL! I am so looking forward to wearing my fancy, bronze, high heels to church on Sunday! Who knew shopping for diapers at Target could have been so crazy fun! Leslie's spirits were definitely lifted and I needed that night out desperately. It made me sad that I don't live closer to you Leslie and Julie!



No comments:
Post a Comment