Monday, September 20, 2010

Yellowstone.............Take 2

Seventeen years ago an eager and excited new husband took his young bride to see Yellowstone for their honeymoon. Disappointment followed for both of them as the new bride had an incredibly painful kidney infection, which forced said new groom to venture out to the mud pots on his own leaving his new bride alone in the car. So imagine the lack of excitement conjured up when 17 years later, the groom once again asked his bride to accompany him to Yellowstone...only this time with their 4 children! The bride, although not quite as young anymore, decided to humor her groom. She tried her hardest not to sabotage the day trip that held so many awful memories and headed on the road with the family.

In the movie business, you get several takes on scenes shot. So this is their "Take 2" and it was soooo much better than the first! Thanks honey!







I loved being so close to the mountains once more. The views were spectacular! The animals phenomenal! Old Faithful was true to its name! We ventured to mud pots and geysers and although the stench was intense from the sulphur...it was indeed a sweet day! Everyone had fun skipping rocks, eating hotdogs, hiking and just having good old fashioned family fun. I even caught my teenager on film having a blast!

So after 17 years of horrible memories....I can finally put them behind me and I now know why everyone gets so worked up about Yellowstone! I definitely want to get a season pass in the spring. We only live an hour from the park entrance. So if you have Yellowstone on your "to-do" list...you know where to come!

1 comment: