I think I've finally turned a corner....I will not allow myself anymore pity parties...they were much too elaborate, dramatic, and getting expensive.
After an amazing phonecall with Heather Rubey who called when I was in the deepest depths of despair...I am done being "not" me. Sure I have completely lost my groove but I'll find it again and if I don't I'll invent a new groove. Heather is an RA in Dillon and she told me the best way for college kids to combat homesickness is by decorating their dorms. So yesterday, I unpacked the family pictures, the flowers, the affirmations, and pictures of the temple and Christ. You know what Heather....it worked!
I feel much more at home now that I am surrounded by my familiar artwork. I smile when I see my family picture canvas remembering the photo shoot with Kris K on that freezing, snowy day. I find peace looking at our family pictures of both sets of grandparents and my own kids too. I'm not done decorating but it's a great start. Thank you Heather for calling at the exact right time and giving me the best advice ever.
I am also thankful for miracles: a check came in the mail for the exact amount of money I need to start my gym membership! (Well, okay I have to come up with 40 cents but that's not going to break the bank or anything.) Thank you tithing blessings...the check was a refund from Northwestern Energy in Montana. Apparently, we overpaid by $109.60!
Also, I am thankful for my new calling as Ward Chorister. While being set apart, the blessing took a huge turn. I thought I would just be blessed to pick good songs for the congregation to sing but Brother Seare gave me the most beautiful priesthood blessing. It started out as a regular setting apart but then he paused and gave me what I believe was a different blessing than he intended. Keep in mind he has no idea who I am, yet even his wording was phrased precisely as the questions I have had in my personal prayers. Coincidence? I think not. He told me I would be able to overcome the confusion of living in a new place and he also said the Lord opened up the way for our family to be in this town, in this particular ward, at this particular time. It doesn't get any clearer than that...does it? I left the blessing feeling peace for the first time in months!
Like I said...I've turned a corner:)
Monday, September 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I am so glad that that small bit of advise helped. I have been sending you my prayers and support as the weekend and week has gone on.
ReplyDeleteI love you and miss you.
Heather