Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mi Casa es Su Casa

As I've mentioned in previous posts, we love having company! Kristen has renamed Sunday "Lelsy-Day"! Lelsy Rogers has become part of our family since we moved here. She was Kristen's babysitter in Hamilton as well as close family friend. She attends BYU-I so how lucky are we to have her only 15 minutes away! Every Sunday we invite her over to just hang out with us. To say that Lelsy spoils Kristen, would be a huge understatement! She paints her nails, reads her books, and jumps on the trampoline. We love the spirit we have in our home on "Lelsy-Day"!

Don, Rachel, and Shona have also already come to visit us from Montana on their way to Colorado. We were thrilled to have them. Of course Kristen and Shona went straight to their babies and dressing up as princesses!
Shona is the first playmate Kris has had since we moved here a month ago...Kristen was in heaven playing with her cousin!

My spirits were really lifted by having Don and Rachel here too. I actually have the privilege to work for both of them. I have helped Rachel proofread her new book called Dreams With Horses (will be released 10/10/10) and I am a ghost-blog writer for Don's business blog called rememberwhy.com. Don has been a huge part of turning my life around and getting my anxiety under control. He taught me about affirmations, has helped me conquer phobias, and now has allowed me to explore why we do things we do.

His latest experiment is a daily journal to record emotions. I knew I was in trouble when I couldn't even answer the first 2 questions: What is today's primary emotion? What am I happy about today? Since moving here I have spiraled downward into a pit of depression. I am so glad Don came to my rescue once again! He and Rachel are such positive role models...you can't help but feel productive and happy when they are around. Thank you!

When I told Kristen it was time for Shona to go, she started crying. I, in turn, started crying too. It was so great to be around family, friends, and mentors. And Kristen knew she wouldn't have anyone to play with again for a while. Thankfully, Shona left her toothbrush and dolly so Don and Rachel will have to come back to get it:)

This past Monday (Labor Day) I was tickled to have a visit by my cousin Madeline, her husband Robb, and son Max. They were here in Idaho from DC dropping Max off for his first year of college at BYU-I. I hadn't seen Maddy since I was a freshman in college at BYU-Utah....20 years ago! We had a nice visit and I am so thankful they squeezed us into their busy trip. Ahh, the wonders of Facebook Friendships with cousins! Pretty cool to see my side of the family for a change:)

We are hoping to have Sundaes on Sunday for all the Hamilton college kids here at BYU-I and of course Max too. So for those of you reading this blog, just remember if you are nearby in the area or just traveling through "Mi Casa es Su Casa"!

3 comments:

  1. I would come and visit, but have you noticed how cold it is there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie, glad to know that you've had company keeping you busy! As soon as I win the lotto, me and all of the kids will crash with you! :)

    PS: I didn't even know we had a cousin called Madeline!! ... Learn something new everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allie,
    Next time we make it out to Montana we'd love to come for a visit to your place! Same goes for you-- when you're out here in California, we have room for you!

    --The Hirst Family

    ReplyDelete