Tuesday, September 7, 2010

We're Going to the Zoo...Zoo...Zoo...How About You, You, You?

We finally made it to Tautphaus Zoo in Idaho Falls on Labor Day. After being stuck in stand still traffic full of campers coming out of Yellowstone, and Joe 4 wheeling it through the median to flip a U-ee, and taking a shortcut that took 30-40 minutes longer than if we had just stayed in the snail crawling traffic....we made it to the Zoo! Kristen was ecstatic and Will loved it too. Check out what was hatching at the zoo today!

Kristen's favorite animal was...the donkey? I didn't even know donkeys were "zoo" animals. I think we made her feel dumb so she quickly changed her story. Her favorite animals were the ZEBRAS! I too am fascinated by the intricacy and unique quality of their stripes!

What a cool water fountain! Almost as cool as the real deal. We got to see a real lion and lioness. What awesome creatures! I could have watched them all day!

Joe and the kids pulled a prank on me telling me to hurry around the corner. The tiger looked so lifelike from a distance;) (Of course the kids weren't sitting on it at that point).

You might notice the lack of pictures of our 15 year old...that's because he is a 15 year old! We love him dearly but his days of going to the zoo just aren't what they used to be. Sad. Overall, we had a great time. I loved watching the flamingos! A baby chick had just hatched a month ago so it was all fuzzy and gray. Did you know flamingos turn their pink color by what they eat? So even though the fuzzy, gray chick was standing on one leg...it won't turn pink until later. Even its feet/flippers will turn pink too! Wow!

I recommend everyone find a toddler to take to the zoo....everything was miraculous and I felt like I was seeing things for the first time.

Kristen: Whoa! I didn't know penguins could stand upside down in Idaho!
Allie: Sweetheart, they can't.
Kristen: Uh, huh mom...look.
Allie: (After crouching down to to Kris' level) Sure enough. Oh, I mean that's just their reflection in the water honey.
Kristen: (Thinking to herself...yeah, right mom)

And of course, a zoo trip just isn't complete without the one monkey lacking in the social skills area...

Will: Look at that monkey....ohhhhh it's pooping. (Big disgusted smile creeping across his face)
Allie: Look away kids....Jansen put away your cellphone. You better not be recording that.
Jans: (ha-ha-ha-ing) Too late.
Joe: Don't send that to any girls...if you need to send it to someone send it to Uncle Jordan!
(I hope you don't get that video message Jordan. Just delete it if you do...the monkey was constipated. Ewww!)

We've been to the zoo, zoo, zoo! How about you, you, you? You can come to, to, to. We've been to the zoo, zoo, zoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment