

I hoped to be able to write this blog entry and I know I am super late in posting..but it's never too late to celebrate the Steelers Victory! What a game! We had 20-25 people over so our house was rockin'. The next day at school the vice principal at the middle school told Carlie, "Let me guess the people at your house for the Super Bowl...Gwynns, Alberts, and a bunch of Uncles!" Are we that predictable? Apparently.
What you don't know is why the Steelers won! You see Carlie lost her Steelers hat a couple weeks before the big game. Every time she wears her Steelers hat, they win. So obviously it was imperative that we find her lucky hat before the game. I offered money rewards, candy rewards...nothing did the trick. Finally a couple of days before the Super Bowl, I FOUND IT! It was under the laundry basket in Carlie's room! Do you think it was wrong to have prayed to find it? lol
Oh and the superstitions get better. The Steelers started stinkin' it up in the second half and Joe was already pouting. He left where he was sitting and things just got worse. So, I insisted that all people sit in the exact spots they were sitting when the Steelers had intercepted the ball and ran it in for a 100 yard touchdown! No sooner had Joe sat back down that Roethlisberger went on his big drive that ultimately won the game! Whew! That was a close one!
Earlier that morning Carlie had some fun playing with Play-Dough. Here is her artistic creation as she waited in anticipation. Pretty cool don'tcha think?
And no get together at our house is complete without mounds and mountains of no-bakes! And yes, they were all eaten within 24 hours!



Here is a Cheer for you steelers fans:
ReplyDeleteYOU STINK! lol. When mom & dad told me you guys were steelers fans I was contemplating a way to disown you! ha..I'm totally kidding. As much as I have and always will hate the steerlers the No Bakes look amazing and Carlie is suepr talented! :)