Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sit Back and Enjoy

If you walk into any store in this country you will be bombarded with various hues of red and pink not to mention hearts everywhere. It must be getting close to Valentine's Day! As a tribute to love in the air I have put together the following playlist of my all-time favorite love songs. I allowed myself one hour to finish this daunting task and I realize I have forgotten many important songs already. I'll just save it for another month. I've got everything on this list from Paul Anka to Keith Urban and Captain and Tennille to Diamond Rio. A few sidenotes:
You're Still the One is and always will be "Our Song" (Love You Joe!)
Put Your Head On My Shoulder reminds me of listening to records with my dad on the album that looked like it was my mom dancing with Dick Clark!
Carpenters are my all time favorite group! Close to You is what I used to sing Joe to sleep with!
Olivia's song: I Honestly Love You! Can you say it any better?
Angel Baby is "MY SONG". I sing it all the time. I even left a recording on Joe's phone back when he was traveling the country as a public speaker. He was in Chicago and had the flu and I missed him terribly. I called when I knew he wouldn't answer and sang the whole song to him! He kept it on his phone for a very long time!
Love Machine: The first song on Side A of my first Motown record. Hence, the most listened to song in my bedroom while living in Homestead, FL in the late 70's.
One More Day: The song I cry to every single time!!!!

As always, my actual playlist is on the bottom of the blog...this is just a picture of it. So sit back and enjoy some of the best love songs written!

No comments:

Post a Comment