For those of you who can't keep up with what Joe is doing...join the club. We can't even keep up anymore.
What we know: Joe has been working with Leaders Institute for almost a year and a half. He was a public speaker and then got transferred into sales so he worked from home. Commission only has been hard to handle...especially when some paydays are $0!
Then the economy tanked and he took a second job working at Search America as a headhunter for plastic engineers. He was paid salary for the first 3 months. Problem is this was the 4th month so he was on straight comission. This is a bad thing if you haven't placed anyone yet...as was the case for Joe.
So as we were looking at the Bills and realizing ends were not even going to come close to meeting this month...we started praying. How can I budget on $50 per week for groceries, gas, etc...and then have nothing to pay bills with for March?
What you don't know and what we just found out: Joe has just been hired at ADR Computer Forensics. He will field calls of people and companies who need computer data recovery services. This new job will pay a base salary (enough to pay bills) plus commission. And the best part is we will get paid weekly! HALLELUJAH!
I am so thankful for what a hard worker Joe is. I know it's got to be very stressful having to provide for a family during these economic tailspins. I am grateful that he is so talented in so many ways. I hope he will have the desire of his heart to be able to coach again but in the meantime we are so thankful for this opportunity that has been given to him!
I felt a twinge of sadness as he headed out the door to his first day of work yesterday. Gone are the days of being able to listen to his voice through his office door, gone are the days of afternoon napping under the desk, gone are the days of golfing on a whim, and gone are the days of afternoon snuggle time with Kristen. The twinge of sadness was quickly replaced with a much more overwhelming feeling of relief and thankfulness. We will get to pay the bills again and there will be food on our table! Thanks for all you do Joe. I sure love you! Good luck on the new job!
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Congrats!!!! Please tell Joe I'm proud of him and I'm sooo happy to hear that he got this job! :) Miss and love you!
ReplyDeleteI know it'll be harder not having Joe around with you during the day, but it sounds like such a great opportunity!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS JOE!
-Leslie