Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Be Mine in Oh-Nine

Sometimes special holidays don't go as planned...they go better! Such was the case this Valentine's Day. Both Will and Kristen spent the better part of the weekend sicker than sick. Both ran high fevers, had sniffles, stuffy noses, pink eye, coughs, etc. Jansen had gone to Dillon to watch the Girls Basketball Varsity team and Carlie had an all day/all night babysitting gig. It became obvious to me throughout the day that the little kids were not well enough to have a babysitter and I was super bummed! I had spent 3 days with a koala attached to me (Kristen when she's sick) and 3 days of incessant complaining (Will when he's sick). I know I am a terrible mother when all I wanted was some time alone with my valentine. Not gonna happen.

So last week when I promised Will Madagascar 2 for him to watch while he was being babysat, I had no idea that I had sealed my fate for Feb. 14th. I snuck out of the house without kids and could not find the movie anywhere to be rented. So yes..I ended up buying it. I crossed my fingers and plead, "Please be worth the $20!"

Long story short: I was not disappointed! We popped some popcorn and Joe, Will, Kris and I settled in to what was a surprisingly hilarious movie! As we sat there watching and laughing I was so thankful for my family. In particular, I am so thankful that I married my favorite valentine. I couldn't think of a better night. How cool that even at my worst and the kids' worst I could still enjoy my "date". As long as Joe is my sweetheart, it doesn't matter what we do or don't do for valentine's day. Thanks sweets! Moto-Moto has nothing on you! LOL
(If you don't know what that means...you gotta move it, move it and pick up a copy of this today and you too can become a professional whistler!)

No comments:

Post a Comment