Sunday, February 22, 2009

HSM3 Commentary

Okay so I had the lamest weekend of my life. Good thing we don't have a karaoke bar nearby or you might have found me there. lol! I was insanely jealous of my 14 year old son who got to attend his first Stake Dance! I would have paid money to go dancing this weekend. Instead I cranked up the music and had my own dance with just Kristen and I. The girl can dance!

Where were the others you ask? Joe and Carlie were at a Girls basketball game, Will was up in Pinesdale, Jansen was in Missoula at the dance so that left me and Kris. Not that I'm complaining but I am in serious need of alone time with my hubby.

Anyway, we rented High School Musical 3.....go ahead and mock me. I was blown away by the choreography and actually enjoyed the Disney cheezy-ness. The best part though was the running commentary by 3 year old Kris.

At first she sat still, snuggled up to me for our alone time. After the previews, the Disney logo appeared. Kris said, "That's my most favorite temple!" Trying to reason with a 3 year old is an uphill battle. I tried my best to point out the difference between a temple and a castle but found it strangely difficult. I finally gave in and said, "Me too, sweetie." And so the movie began.

As soon as Gabriella was waltzing on the roof with Troy, Kris stated with all the emotion she could muster, "Oh what bootiful shoes!" I know... she's still obsessed with shoes. I about died laughing. Then later on in the movie when Troy jumped down some steps she made the comment in a very matter of fact tone, "Good job Troy!" She was very impressed and there was no way to hide it.

The movie went on like this. She complimented Corbin Blue on his dance moves and thoroughly enjoyed the entire movie! As the curtain fell on the final scene she once again exclaimed, "Good job guys!" I can't wait to watch another movie with her. Should I take her to "Confessions of a Shopaholic?" I hear they have bootiful shoes too!

No comments:

Post a Comment