Friday, February 19, 2010

It's Jump Rope Season!


What season is it when Will happily wakes up at 6am, ready for his school day, prepared with his lunch the night ahead, and reminds me to get up early too? It's jump rope season!!!!

My friend Jill is new to Hamilton and looked baffled when I told her it was jump rope season. She probably thought I was nuts to make such an announcement because its 30-40 degrees outside right now. Not to mention...who calls going outside to jump rope a season?

So to all you newcomers to my blog, I figured I would clarify what jump rope season is. Will is on the Rocky Mountain Roper Jump Rope demo team. Along with 50 or so other kids, they promote the program Jumprope for Heart with the American Heart Association. They travel to other schools in Montana and talk about the importance of taking care of your heart while you're still young by getting out and exercising. They demo cool jump rope tricks and end with lots of double dutch! Both Jansen and Carlie were on the team when they were younger and now it is Will's turn. He loves jump rope season! He, Mark Joyner (pictured above), Jack, and Dorjhay make up the team called ZERO GRAVITY. I love watching the kids perform. And yes Jill it is an indoor sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment