Kristen and I were hanging out with Karolyn and Breelyn after the cool firetruck ride. Kristen was gliding down their driveway on Breelyn's 2-wheeler. I noticed how well she was doing so I told her to just start pedaling. And that was it! Away she went...riding a bike! Thankfully I had my camera on me and was able to capture the moment exactly as it happened!
My mother heart was swelling with pride and yes a little emotion. Kris is the last child....this is the last "first bike ride". As she pedaled down the sidewalk I was reminded of the book my mom-in-law gave me called "Let Me Hold You Longer" by Karen Kingsbury.
I'm sure Karolyn thought I was a nutjob as I looked through my camera lense, amidst my tears....realizing that her first bike ride signifies her last training wheel ride.
"Let me hold on longer, God, to every precious last!"-Karen Kingsbury



No comments:
Post a Comment