No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith *****I decided I don't want to just read the classics so when I saw this book at the library I snatched it up. I have been wanting to read it for a long time. I was not disappointed! I read it in only 3 days...which for me is a record!
Here are the quotes I liked:
"Detective agencies rely on human intuition and intelligence, both of which Mma Ramotswe had in abundance. No inventory would ever include those, of course."
"People in Botswana liked to talk, she discovered, and the mere mention of the fact that she was a private detective would let loose a positive outpouring of information on all sorts of subjects. It flattered people, she concluded, to be approached by a private detective, and this effectively loosened their tongues."
"In the final analysis, that was what solved these big problems of life. You could think and think and get nowhere, but you still had to eat your pumpkin. That brought you down to earth. That gave you a reason for going on. Pumpkin."
"Every man has a map in his heart of his own country and that the heart will never allow you to forget this map."



I love this series! By the way....I have all the books minus one that I lent out and didn't get back!
ReplyDelete