This week has been full of television season finales. In 24, Chloe did end up having to shoot Jack...but don't worry, Jack Bauer actually didn't die. I mean if anyone should be immortal it would definitely have to be Jack Bauer, right? Didn't see that coming! I always get misty eyed when something comes to an end. I remember when Brett Heath introduced us to the world of Jack Bauer and "24". And now, it is over for good. No more late night binge-ing on 24 and no more new episodes to DVR.
And then Lee Dewyze is the new American Idol. Simon Cowell will no longer be there as a judge on American Idol to tell people what horrible singers they are! I don't think the show can ever be the same without him. However, all good things must come to an end. And so, it is appropriate that another end of an era will occur this weekend...albeit, of more import than the above mentioned finales.
This weekend my dearest friend and neighbor Kristin Kanenwisher is moving away. Oh sure, I'm moving a month later than she is...but somehow, I know my last few weeks are going to be hard to handle without her. The other day I was feeling jittery and anxious (more than usual) and she called at just the right time and said just the right thing. Our favorite phrase right now is "It's all going to work out...because it has to!" How true.
We spent yesterday and today helping pack the trucks (Joe is a master). And now as I look out my window over toward what used to be their house, I have to face reality. Jack's not coming back...no judge will ever be as honest as Simon...and I'm still in denial that Kris won't be a short walk away, or that I can't just go over and eat the yummy foods and desserts she's always making. Kris, you and your family will be missed! Best wishes in Utah...they're awful lucky to be getting you:)

*****THE END*****
No comments:
Post a Comment