Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Deep Breaths

There comes a time in everyone's life that you have to take deep breaths. When my sister Leslie was in labor with her daughter Brooke, she would chant, "I'm Alright...I'm Okay". Somedays...that mantra is the only thing that gets me through.

This past Sunday I received really terrific news! News that I have been praying for my friend! News that will change my "groove" forever. Kris K (as she is called on my cellphone speed dial) is moving away! Things have fallen into place for her hubby to start a new job in Utah and it looks like things might fall into place to get an offer on their home too. Even though I have prayed with her for over 2 years for this exact scenario...the actual news caused me to take deep breaths. It hurts to know I am losing my best friend...well obviously there is facebook and blogging...but you know what I mean.

Gone are the days of going for walks around the neighborhood. Gone are the days of just hanging out while the kids run wild. Gone are the days of Kris's fudge for Carlie and Chris's salsa for Jansen. Gone are the endless hours of talking, crying, laughing and sometimes all of the above in one day! I know our friendship will endure but the everyday stuff has to change just by the nature of physical location.

I didn't realize how many deep breath moments I have spent with Kris until I now have to come to grips that she won't be there to share those deep breaths moments with anymore (at least in person). Somehow a sigh on a blog or a :) or a :( just don't have the same depth of meaning. I won't get to see her have her baby in December and even sadder I won't ever get to know her child on the same level I love Lydia, Otto, and Olin.

So Kris...here's wishing you well on your new adventure! I know it's gonna be awesome! And on days you need to take deep breaths...just remember I'm only a phonecall....a fb message...or blogpost away! Thanks for helping me through all my deep breath moments!

1 comment:

  1. I knew I should have waited longer to read this.

    Thanks for the tears, the walks, the talks, the hugs, the deep breaths. I don't know of anybody else who could have been better over the last couple of years. The wheel has started turning...you'll get what you've been praying for too.

    ReplyDelete