Thursday, August 27, 2009

Summer Saratoga Springs Vacation 09








This year's summer vacation felt like it would never come. We should have gone on the 4th of July but due to my root canal and other dentist and doctor's appointments, we didn't get to go till August 11th. The catch was that Joe could not come, Papa would only be there for 2 days, and I would have to drive!!!

I DID IT! I actually drove to Utah with the kids. I couldn't have done it without them...they gave me pep talks, rubbed my neck and shoulders, and helped me check off each town from my list as we went. I'll blog more about that later.

Once we got to Utah, we had a blast! I wish we could have spent more time with Papa, but he had to leave on a business trip. However, Jordan and Julie as well as Betsey were there to entertain us. We even got to see Caitlin for a bit. Throw in the Legacy Center, BYU, lots of shopping, Liberty Land, a Stamp class, a day at Laura's, and a trip to the temple, and lots of time with mimi and Darla...I couldn't have asked for anything more!

Overall, this was the best vacation of my life...no stress, no sickness, fun times! I really needed this! Thanks to everyone who contributed to the trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment