We did have a little incident with Will right before Joe showed up from Montana. Will and Jansen were in the one go-kart that worked while the rest of us waited our turn looking on. Well, the go-kart spun around a corner and ended up facing the wrong way so the "attendant kid" got upset and told them to turn around. He had to manually go out and push them. He then told them to give it gas at which point they smashed into the wall. I knew something was wrong as Will grabbed his neck and didn't move it the whole time. Sure enough, not only did he have whiplash but the seatbelt had practically ripped his neck off. He had the worst burn!
No problem, I'll just get ice. Do you think there was a bag of ice anywhere to be found? Oh no! I was furious. How can you not have a bag of ice if you have ice? The teenagers "helping" were anything but helpful. I finally had to start helping myself because they were too busy flirting with each other to understand the severity of the situation as Will's neck became redder and more swollen. Finally, I asked for a paper towel to which she pointed me to the restroom...
While getting a paper towel I ran into another "worker" who looked like she might have a little bit more of a clue. I asked her if she was the manager...she wasn't...the manager wasn't there. i asked her if they had a first aid kit, she said she thought so. She was able to find the first aid kit but there were no ice packs...just bandaids. By this time, I am really irritated by the lack of professionalism and know how. I asked to fill out an incident report (which is soooo not like me) but give me a break! The injury was a real downer for Will. While we were trying to get ice, the rest of the kids went mini-golfing. By the time we had figured out some ice for his neck, the kids only had 5 more holes left. Thankfully, Joe had arrived by then and was able to spend some time with Will.
We were all happy to see Joe after almost 2 weeks of being away from each other! And although we had fun at Liberty Land and are very thankful to mimi for taking us, I doubt we will be returning anytime soon:( As for Will, once we got the ice, his neck healed quite nicely over the next couple of days. Whew! But did I mention we LOVED laser tag!



No comments:
Post a Comment