This past Sunday I arrived at church with my family on time. As I sat in our normal 2nd row bench, I realized that I had forgotten to put on pantyhose. Normally, in the summer that's not a big deal, but considering I missed a whole section of my leg while shaving...and forgot lotion ...I was feeling naked. I only made it through the first song and then couldn't stand it any longer. I told Joe I had to go home and returned as soon as I could. While at home I used "Smooth Away" (As seen on TV), slathered lotion on, and then put on my pantyhose. I made it back during the first talk feeling a lot more prepared to be there.
My friend Kris asked me where I had disappeared to. When I tried to explain, she just said, "Oh you needed to hit your reset button." How true! Unfortunately, I have not been able to find my reset button lately! I always lived my life believing that everything will be better in the morning, but lately it's just not that simple.
Perhaps I cursed myself by skipping the sacrament, but Monday was one of the worst days of my life. In a nutshell:
My computer crashed....gone...before I backed up anything! Music...gone. Pictures...gone. Hours of bookkeeping...gone. Calendar...gone. I know I've got something to do sometime in August but it was all on ICal. I'm not too sad about documents being gone, but I am sad about my blog book (220+ pages) ...you guessed it...GONE!
I was a bit on edge all day and ended up swearing in front of my kids when some bathroom cleaner landed on my little toe. Then I sliced my finger open while pushing down a bag of trash. Our neighborhood BBQ was yummy, other than the jello that just did not turn out. Who can mess up jello???? Apparently I can!
If that wasn't enough, while at the BBQ I found out that my dear Carlie who had left to Basketball Camp earlier that morning has thrown up not once, not twice, but three times!!! I didn't even send reinforcements with Brenda because Carlie has been doing so much better. I have never felt like such a horrible mom in all my life! Poor Carlie, she didn't even make it to Lolo before puking in Joe's brand new Lexus! I owe my life to Brenda for being the best "mom" to Carlie and helping her clean up not once...not twice...but three times! (I have talked to her at camp and she assures me she is doing just fine now but I am still worried about her traveling back home. This time we are sending Brenda with our van...fully stocked with ziplocs!)
So after the most boring and disappointing summer of my life, I am still desperately trying to find my reset button. I'm still irked that I didn't get to go see my niece in Utah. I'm irritated beyond belief that I have spent the majority of my summer anticipating dental appointments, experiencing a root canal twice, and coming down from the stress of aforementioned visits. I've gone from cold sores to canker sores and back to cold sores. I feel like summer is winding down and I still haven't done anything wonderful. After a few more dental visits and physicals for the kids, we should be able to sneak to Utah for a week...but by then Brooke will be back in Tennessee. I don't mean to gripe or complain but apparently I am doing both! If anyone knows where my reset button is, please...please...tell me.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Well, it's about time one of my siblings joined me in my not so fabulous life! lol. ;) If it makes you feel better this has happened to me in the past month:
ReplyDeleteSomeone asked me if I was wearing white panty hose...I wasn't.
I made chicken devan and it turned out as chicken DISGUSTING!...how do you mess that dish up!
I went on vacay with my company and got so sunburned my lower lip swelled up like a balloon...embarrassing! LOL
I love you Allie. Things will get better, at least that's what I always tell myself. :) MISS & LOVE YOU!
Hang in there Allie! Love you!!
ReplyDeleteOh and....Lexus!?!?
Hey Girlie,
ReplyDeleteI had no idea you were (are) having such a ruff time. I am so sorry to here that. You are a fabulous mother with wonderful kids. Keep that in mind when you are in doubt. I hope that things improve for you soon. I hope Carlie is all better and had a good time even with being sick. If you need anything even just to vent please know that I am here for you, that is what friends are for missy so don't feel bad doing it ;o)I pray that you will be able to go to Utah and have a fabulous time to make up for all of these dr visits.
Now to more light things. I was wondering what happened to you last Sunday! I kept saying to Mom "I wonder where Allie went?" I have so done that though yet since I don't live that close I just sit there praying that no one will look at my legs. LOL.
I know life has been rough and has thrown you many curve balls but just know that you are loved. I for one think of you as an amazing women that I look up to, enjoy being with and feel honored knowing. Big Hugs. Heather