Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mount Timpanogos


I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday! My "someday" came two long years after the previous visit to Salt Lake temple. This was the only for sure thing I needed to do while on vacation....and I finally got to go. I hoped that mom could come with me but it didn't work out that way.

I headed to the temple on Thursday morning which happened to be the first day of school for the areas public schools. The parking lot was only half full and there were only 45 people in the session.

I wish I could describe the overwhelming feeling of peace I felt sitting within those sacred walls. I felt like a very heavy load was left at the door, and thankfully I didn't have to pick it back up on the way out!

I had set a goal to drive to the temple this year only I figured it would be 4 hours away to Idaho Falls or Spokane...not 8 hours! However, the actual drive from my mom's was about half an hour. I believe it still counts though!

No comments:

Post a Comment