Thursday, August 27, 2009

Do We Have To Go?

Visits home are few and far between....This makes leaving hard for me everytime. So before everyone piles into the van, we make time for one more photo shoot!


When people say I look just like my mom, I take it as the ultimate compliment! Mom, you are more beautiful than ever!

Kristen did not want to leave Mimi's. She begged to stay with Carlie for another week but we finally convinced her that her friend Lydia would be missing her too much! Kristen was sad to say bye to Darla but I'm pretty sure I saw Darla smile as we walked out the door:)


Will had a great vacation. I was amazed at how much good the change of scenery did him. He was so calm and happy. He got to do puzzles, ride on the scooter, bought his first Build-a-Bear monkey named Mikey, and of course caught up on all the Boomerang TV he could possibly handle. He was up at the crack of dawn no matter how late he went to bed.

And finally Jansen...and his new shoes and shirts! (I think the last count was 12 shirts and 2 shoes!) I think Jansen missed not having Papa there the most! He didn't get to shoot a single hoop the whole time there but he did get to go boating with the youth and he started his cross-country training. And as you know, Saratoga Springs is all hills. What goes down must come up! This trip could not have happened without my backseat cheerleader and masseus. We have spent the entire summer "hanging out". I will miss him when he starts high school this fall. He just keep growing up! Jansen loved being at mimi's and even got to spend the day with her at Gateway Mall.
Thanks for the incredible vacation, yummy food, fun laughs, and heart to heart talks. We had the most relaxing and fun break! We love you mimi and are jealous that Carlie got to stay another week. Can't wait to read her blog about her adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment