August 2, 2011 Tuesday
It seems like a long time has passed by already but it’s only been a day. In 24 hours I have managed to complete 2 lessons in my college course, gone to Zumba class, jogged 1.5 miles, visited with my dear friend Claudia, made huckleberry pancakes, attended a Falls Sports meeting with Carlie at Hamilton High School, and watched an episode of White Collar. Mentally, college is much more challenging than I expected. I feel like I have just done 100 ab crunches for the first time in 10 years…but with my brain. I suppose I will need a transition. I find myself wanting to do everything in both courses but am starting to realize the importance of setting aside a certain time of day to work uninterrupted. Mornings are definitely better for my brain power. I attempted to start a New Testament class this afternoon….bad idea! I was on on overload and ended up falling asleep at the kitchen table of all places! Whoa! I need to pace myself. I am frustrated with the religion class….it’s not anything I thought it would be. Was I hoping for an easy “A”…yeah. Oh I can be so naïve sometimes. I am still waiting for the CD to arrive in the mail so I have decided not to officially start the course until I have the needed material.
I also found myself being impatient about not knowing what my lesson 1 and 2 grades were. Joe had to remind me that I just started classes yesterday. I am happy to report however that I received 95% on both assignments. That makes me an “A” student. But of course I am a perfectionist and find myself wondering why I didn’t get 100%. Will I get feedback on what I did wrong? Joe is reminding me that I got 95% right and I need to focus on that or I will mentally beat myself up through this whole process. I know he is right. Well for tonight I will go to bed happy that I have succeeded in college for the first time in years. Maybe I do have what it takes!
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment