Happy Anniversary to Us! This year Joe decided to surprise me with a little weekend getaway. I was thrilled that we didn’t even have to drive that far to find a little piece of paradise! As we turned right on the freeway headed out of Missoula I was very confused as to where we were going. I thought we were headed to Coer d’ Alene, Idaho….but I was very wrong. Joe said if I didn’t figure it out within 15 minutes he would tell me. The only place I have been turning right out of Missoula is Bonner so I innocently asked, “Bonner?” Joe replied, “Yeah, Allie…we are headed to Bonner…to watch 5th grade girls basketball!” Haha! After we passed Bonner the road started looking familiar….Girls Camp!
Anyway, Joe took me to Seeley Lake…only 2 miles down the road from Camp Paxson (Girls Camp). We stayed in a resort called The Lodges. All the cabins by the lake were booked so we got to stay in a unique lodging called Eagles Port. The building is over by the airport and is brand new! The top portion of the building is lodging while the bottom portion is a hangar for airplanes. It was a really cool set up. 
The lady told us we could upgrade to the Eagles Nest free of charge but I didn’t like all the spiral staircases. I did however love where we stayed in Unit 1!
The great thing was with our lodging we were entitled to all the amenities the lake had to offer. Joe and I went paddle boating, canoeing, motor-boating, and swimming! The lake was pretty choppy but we didn’t care. We had the best time…just the two of us! We had a beautiful weekend reconnecting and eating at yummy restaurants. We realized that next year we will have been together more in our life than apart. Wow! Best 18 years of my life. Thanks honey!



No comments:
Post a Comment