Saturday, July 30, 2011

Finish What You Start

Today I feel like I could conquer the world! I just signed up for not just one but two university courses through Brigham Young University Independent Study! I attended BYU clear back in the 90s and it has always been my dream to finish what I started so many years ago. Today that dream is on the first step to becoming a reality. After speaking on the phone to Emma at BYU Independent Study, I found out that the 16 classes I thought I needed to graduate have actually been whittled down to 10! Some of the core requirements have changed…and certainly in my favor. So all I need are 2 more religion classes and then I am on my way to earning the Bachelor of General Studies degree with an emphasis in Writing! Is it possible that I could earn my degree before turning 41?

So off I go onto my new adventure in life….school! I always said I would go back to school when the youngest child started kindergarten….and here I am actually doing it! I am taking a New Testament class along with ENG 220 Composing Personal History. I am scared to death but have never felt so alive. My application to the BGS program has been sent off and I have my ecclesiastical endorsement interview with the Bishop tomorrow! Wow, I am really doing this! I am so excited to learn new things both about the subject matter and certainly about myself. I am overjoyed at the prospect of being able to finish my degree from the comfort of my own home. I have my new hairstyle and laptop ready to go for hours of educational fun and celebration. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I'm so excited for you. I don't think you have anything to worry about. You're a smarty pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie, I am SO*SO*SO proud of you!! For such a small gal, you're awfully easy to look up to!

    Love and miss you and can't wait to hear all about your new adventure!

    -Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have this done in no time. It is so great and I admire you very much for going back and finishing your degree.

    ReplyDelete