Jansen and Carlie aren’t the only ones growing up. Will has become a little entrepreneur. The other day we were in Verizon upgrading Jansen’s “not phone” that had gracefully rolled into the Schallenberger’s pond. Will mentioned to the salesman Mario that he was trying to convince me to buy him a phone too. I replied he would have to earn the money himself. Will told Mario that all he knew how to do was make duct tape stuff. Well of course both Mario and Anna were intrigued….and thus started Will’s lucrative duct tape business. At first I thought the salespeople were just egging Will on and trying to get me to buy him a phone but Will and I both realized they were serious! Anna gave him the measurements of her phone to make sure the purse would be big enough. He made a duct tape wallet for Mario and a handbag with a braided strap complete with an embellished flower for Anna.
Will diligently worked on his duct tape masterpieces and cashed in today when he sold them to Mario and Anna for $5 a piece. He even threw in a duct tape rose pen for all the Verizon customers to use. Had I been thinking, we should have made him business cards and unfortunately we forgot to take pictures before he sold them. Well, this afternoon Will was telling the Kimzeys about his business transaction and Cole decided he would like to buy one as well. So out came all the duct tape supplies again and I’m sure Cole will be happy with his grey and yellow duct tape wallet! As for me, I can handle all the different colors of duct tape “fabric” lying around because that means Will is one step closer to becoming an independent businessman! I am so very proud of him. Oh they grow up so fast!
And we're only one month away from Kristen starting Kindergarten!



Allie, Will is a total genius!! He's going to be a jillionaire one day!!
ReplyDeletePS: Kristen gets cuter by the day!