Today Joe is taking me on a surprise getaway to celebrate our 18th anniversary! I can’t wait to get going. It’s funny how some things never change. An hour ago when Joe exclaimed, “I can’t find my wallet.” I had to stifle my giggle. Joe has been losing his wallet for 18 years now…and for 18 years I have been finding it. And true to form today Joe lost his wallet and I told him where I thought it might be and yes! It was there sitting in the Tercel…the last place he had it. Yay me! And yay Joe for going out to the Tercel and actually finding it himself!
This brings me back to the day we got married in Salt Lake. After the reception was winding down and we were getting ready to head out on our honeymoon guess what Joe couldn’t find? You got it…his wallet! Only back then his money and everything was kept in a planner. He was so stressed out and finally asked me to help him. We popped the trunk of the car we would be taking on our honeymoon and voila! There the planner was in plain sight! I have teased him for years about it!
It never fails…anytime we are ready to go somewhere special he manages to lose that stinkin wallet of his. But no worries….I always find it:) It used to really bother me that he lost it so often but over the years I actually find it quite endearing. He has made a huge effort lately to keep track of his wallet so he was quite discouraged to find it missing this morning. I felt bad for him…honestly I did but like I said…it really made me giggle! Here’s to many more years of lost keys, cell phones and of course wallets!
This brings me back to the day we got married in Salt Lake. After the reception was winding down and we were getting ready to head out on our honeymoon guess what Joe couldn’t find? You got it…his wallet! Only back then his money and everything was kept in a planner. He was so stressed out and finally asked me to help him. We popped the trunk of the car we would be taking on our honeymoon and voila! There the planner was in plain sight! I have teased him for years about it!
It never fails…anytime we are ready to go somewhere special he manages to lose that stinkin wallet of his. But no worries….I always find it:) It used to really bother me that he lost it so often but over the years I actually find it quite endearing. He has made a huge effort lately to keep track of his wallet so he was quite discouraged to find it missing this morning. I felt bad for him…honestly I did but like I said…it really made me giggle! Here’s to many more years of lost keys, cell phones and of course wallets!



No comments:
Post a Comment