When White Was Black-by Allison A. Jessop
White used to be white...
White, fluffy, inviting
Daring, fun, beautiful!
Only to turn dark...
A step, a slip, a crack
Laying helplessly in the white,
Feeling black.
Crawling indoors for
Warmth? Comfort?
None comes....
White caused shivering...
And much crying.
White caused Black.
White falls all around...
Every day
Every night
As I sit inside my prison
Surrounded by white!
Only the chair and a book
Allows black to turn white.
Falling white I can't shovel.
As it piles, I become blacker.
Wishing white had never
Become black...
But it has.
So much white, I can't see!
So much black, I can't breathe!
Could I please just have gray?
White used to be white...
White, fluffy, inviting
Daring, fun, beautiful!



Allie, you are so incredibly talented!
ReplyDeleteEven though the poem is about a personal experience you had, it's amazing how much I could relate to the feelings behind it.
SOOO Well done!