Thursday, March 3, 2011

Is the Grass Greener or the Snow Whiter?

This past weekend we got to go to Hamilton for a much needed break from the Idaho snow. We just couldn't handle the 4 inches of snow we wake up to every morning. I can't figure out where else to shovel it anymore! So we loaded the car and headed home!

Yes, Hamilton had snow too! However, after visiting with family, watching 5 basketball games, visiting with Brooke K., attending our "normal" ward (as the kids say), and a lovely family dinner....I have to admit that their snow is indeed whiter!

It did my soul good to breathe in the fresh Montana mountain air:) By the end of our short weekend, I was ready to face the Idaho snow once again. Here are some things that make the grass greener...oh I mean the snow whiter:

Being told in RS to get our guns ready because they're coming for our food storage! Yes! I love Hamilton!

Having everyone in a gym recognize us and want to talk to us when we walk in.

Seeing my daughters Carlie, Jaylee, and Penny sitting on the bleachers together again!

Hearing my husband talk basketball to his friends and brothers.

Hanging out at the gym with Gwynns and Alberts.

Having Cannon pray for thankfulness that Will Jessop had come to visit in Primary.

Seeing Ruth fall to her knees to hug Kristen when she spotted her in the church hallway!

Watching the sophomore girls attack Jansen when he entered the building;)

Buying shoes at Bob Wards for $24 and then only paying $24 at the register! Yay for no sales tax!

And the top reason...having cause to be chastised by Jill for not stopping in for a hotdog, warmed pretzel, popcorn, and of course....cotton candy...at her house:) Hmmm....maybe the cinnamon rolls would seal the deal!

So the joke all weekend was, "We had to get away from our snow to see what your snow was like!" Ha! And we all agreed that their snow was much better!





1 comment:

  1. I heard you had been here - so sorry I missed seeing all of you. Glad you had a good time. Miss you

    ReplyDelete