Saturday evening we were able to have a Gwynn, Jessop, Albert BBQ at our house, I mean the Gwynns house. I wasn’t sure if I was emotionally prepared to see my house…I wasn’t. I think the visit really confused Kristen. She quietly walked from room to room checking out the different furniture, window coverings, and realized it was no longer our home. She fell asleep quite quickly after Carlie’s birthday dinner. Before we actually ate, Joe, Kris, and I headed over to the Kimzeys. We had a short but much needed visit with Brooke, Lauren, and KimzeyCole! As we were walking home, Kris commented, “I love Hamilton! Everybody knows us here!” Oh how true!
Carlie was able to celebrate her 14th birthday with tons of Hamilton friends. After the XC meet, she hung out with Jaylee, Kali, Ellie, and Emarie. She met up with us at the Gwynns that evening to enjoy chocolate cake, chocolate cheesecake, pies and ice cream after dinner. Jaylee gave her chocolate and some cool fleece sweats. She got not 1…not 2…but 6 packages of IGA chocolate chips from us tucked into her new Steelers backpack. Now she has a 6 month supply of her favorite treat! She also got a new Steelers football and tshirt. I can’t believe she is 14!
Sunday was General Conference but since we had Jaylee, Easton, and Penny spend the night with us up in Pinesdale at Grandmas, we decided to just spend time with family. I feel bad we missed it but am committed to watching it online when I get back to Idaho. Ah, the wonders of technology! Fortunately, we were able to visit the Revellis and they just happened to be having an after-conference-soup night! Yes! Dave made the most incredible gnocchi soup I’ve ever had and of course the 9 loaves of braided bread Jill made were completely scrumptious! The DellaSilvas, Heaths, Hawkes, and Apedailes were all there so the kids as well as the adults had an amazing time. The Revellis live right next to the Rothies so Carlie was able to hang out with McKayl too!
All the soups were delicious and I was surprised to see the lack of sugar present. Well that was until the dinner was over….then we started the parade- of- sugar portion of the evening! We had cupcakes, candied popcorn, cookies, rice krispy treats, fudge bars, and then as if that weren’t enough…out came the homemade marshmallows that everyone roasted over the stove. What, no cotton candy? Lol! Going to the Revellis is like inserting a sugar iv into anyone who enters. Don’t get me wrong…I loved it…but the sugar coma that follows is never quite as fun as consuming all the yummy goodness! Will had a great time with Ben and it broke my heart when neither he nor Kris wanted to leave when it was time. Carlie ended up staying longer and spending the night at the Gwynns.
More Spud Harvest Break entries to come...
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



*sigh*
ReplyDelete