Saturday, October 16, 2010

From Pinesdale to Hamilton and Back to Pinesdale

So I pretty much just sat on the couch with Kristen all day long. Most of the puking was over but her tummy still couldn’t hold anything down. I suspected Will might be the next victim but when he showed no signs of tummy troubles, I went ahead and made lasagna for dinner as planned.

Dinner was almost ready when Grandma came home from work with Joe. She was so incredibly happy to see us. She said, “I just love coming home to people!” I knew we had made the right decision to stay with her. She made an amazing salad and dinner was yumm-o!

Wednesday Joe had the opportunity to go hunting with his brothers and a few of the older nephews. I was so excited for him to be able to go. I don’t think he’s been away from his computer for a couple of years now so I was happy he couldn’t take “work” with him. As for me, Kristen was feeling much better and begging to go to Story Hour at the library. We loved seeing Miss Sally and catching up with her. Kristen also wanted to see Katie Jackson. Unfortunately, Charise had a jam packed day including being out of town and taking gus to the vet. So we figured we’d surprise Ronda Blatter….but since we’ve been gone she was called into Scouts. Wednesday is a horrible day to visit LDS folk in Hamilton. Kris and I were very disappointed but decided to hang out at the Gwynns.

After 5 days of no internet connection at Grandma’s, I was curious to catch up on what the rest of the world was up to. So while I checked my email and facebook, I popped in a movie for Kristen upstairs. Dan was back and forth running errands so it was just Kris and I in our home. Dan invited us to stay for dinner and I couldn’t say no when the menu was steak on the bbq. I asked if I could help so he put me to work on homemade mashed potatoes and then he took off to the grocery store.

I was in total heaven back in my kitchen. I quickly found my rhythm peeling and chopping potatoes. I know exactly how my appliances work and found myself starting to covet my kitchen. Is it coveting if technically we still own the house? I must say it was a bit awkward when Brenda and Penny came in from volleyball practice and found me at the stove cooking dinner! Jansen came and ate with us too and then he and Carlie headed off to YM/YW. Once they were done we headed back up to Pinesdale. In the meantime, Brenda’s parents had driven in from Cody for the weekend. Imagine their surprise to see me in the kitchen. They saw me before they saw the Gwynns when they entered the house. Arlene stated, “Now whose house is this anyway?” Brenda and I simultaneously replied the other’s name. But really, even though we own the house…it is the Gwynn’s home. So why am I sad everytime I drive away from it still?

I set the odometer to see how much driving back and forth we did on this trip just from Pinesdale to Hamilton and Hamilton to Pinesdale. We ended up driving about 400 miles back and forth!

More Spud Harvest Entries to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment