Friday, October 15, 2010

Thank You Grandma Jessop

So onto Monday…. Monday was business as usual for Joe at the Leaders Institute. I however, spent the morning worrying about how my dads surgery was going. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer a month ago and had decided to remove the prostate entirely. I was happy and relieved when I got a call before noon from my mom saying he was out of surgery and so far everything was fine. Whew!

I then loaded up the crew and headed into Hamilton. Jansen hung out at the Gwynns, Carlie went to Missoula with Carla to watch the 8th grade basketball team play Valley Christian, and Will, Kris, and I went shopping. I think the funny thing about being home is that I want everything to be frozen in time just as it was before we left 2 months ago. Wishful thinking on my part! Monday was cold and rainy. I was happy to get back to Pinesdale for the evening. Grandma Jessop made the most amazing dinner. She made homemade cornbread. Will was amazed that you can make flour out of wheat in a heavy duty blender and I was amazed you can make cornmeal out of popcorn kernels in that same heavy duty blender! So you take the cooked cornbread, ladle on enchilada sauce, a fried egg, lots of cheese, and then more sauce. Yum-O! I made homemade chips by frying corn tortilla wedges in oil. It was quite the feast!

Monday night reminded me why we stayed at Grandma’s instead of the Gwynns. We had a steady stream of family popping into visit us throughout the evening. Don, Rachel, and Shona came up. Then Kent, Melissa and their 4 girls came. And of course, Dave, Chase, and Kobe were here. Ed had dinner with us. So we had a full house and a ton of fun! Joe picked up Jansen and Carlie down at the new big huge-mongous gas station at Woodside and then we soon called it a night. It’s a good thing I had an early night because I had a very long night. Kris woke up at 2am puking all over the bed that of course had beautiful white floral sheets! We were up together till 4am when she finally settled down and I had all bedding cleaned up. Poor thing! I think she just overdosed on too much sugar and junk food. I guess it’s not a family vacation until someone starts puking! I hope nobody else gets it but if they do…such is life!

No comments:

Post a Comment