Will woke up on Saturday feeling much better! The swelling had gone down but the bruising had begun. We didn’t want his injury to get in the way of the last day of vacation so he hung out with Chase and Kobe all day long again. Joe, Jansen, Kris, and I headed to Southgate Mall in Missoula for a little clothes shopping. I spoiled myself by getting new jeans and belt at Aero and then was excited to see that JC Penneys was having the most amazing sale ever! What perfect timing because I only have winter clothes for work and now that I don’t work, I needed regular winter clothing. I scored! I spent $65 and when the final receipt was tallied, I had saved $112! I bought Kristen some fall clothes too, then I spoiled Jansen with duke basketball shorts and a couple of new shirts. Joe had actually dropped us off at the mall while he went to Walmart to get new tires put on the van. While he was out I bought him a steelers tshirt.
Once we met back up we ate at our favorite place in the mall called Noodle Express. Yumm-o! We were just about to go when I saw a Verizon store with an available sales associate. First, we troubleshooted Jansen’s phone that keeps turning off randomly. Then I figured since I had his attention I would figure out why I couldn’t access internet on my phone. A few clickety-click-clicks and voila! I know can receive email on my phone and have access to the world wide web. So even though Sharon doesn’t get internet service, I can still access it through my phone! Sweet! While I was in the store, Jansen and Joe had gone back over to the sports store where Jansen casually mentioned that I had just bought Joe a shirt there. Joe stared at Jansen and then asked why he would say such a thing with his birthday just around the corner. Jansen felt awful as he realized his error and made Joe promise to look surprised on his birthday! Thanks a lot teenager!
Later in the evening once we got home, we decided we should visit Steve and Katie and their newborn baby Royal. Joe and I were both exhausted but we were so glad we got to see them. This is their 7th child! Holy cow! Mama and baby looked fantastic. As we were talking I started feeling drugged and sleepy. That’s when I realized there was Lavender Oil being used in the house. As many of you know, lavender puts me straight to sleep! I almost didn’t make it back to Sharon’s awake!
Once we got back, Ed, Hannah, Cindy, and Paul were over chopping firewood. Joe and I decided we should go into town one more time to visit with the Gwynns and Alberts. We really didn't get to see them much this trip even though our kids spent a ton of time with them. We all met up at the Alberts this time and enjoyed a nice short visit. We brought Easton, Adam Smith, and Penny back to Pinesdale with us for one last hurrah. I guess Jaylee was done at that point...so was I.
While the kids played night games over at Jake and Kellys, Joe and his siblings were solving the problems of the world. I wished I could have been more alert to their conversations about their brainstorm business called Doughnuts and Dogma or the church candies called "Church Sucks" but I was just plain wiped out. Sharon made yummy scones and then Will came home. The smell of the oil was almost to much for him to handle and I knew instantly….it was his turn for the stomach flu. I begged and pleaded with all my prayers that the flu would spare my broken collar boned son…but my pleadings were in vain!
One more spud harvest entry to come….
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I hope will is feeling better. Nate has broken his collar bone twice. It's not fun.
ReplyDelete