Sunday, October 17, 2010

Almost to the Weekend

By Thursday, I was flat exhausted from all the driving around but knew I had one more crazy day before Joe got back from the hunting trip. Will got to spend the day with his bestfriend Matt Wilson. He actually skipped school to spend time with Will. When his dad called the school and gave the reason for the absence, the secretary replied that hanging out with Will Jessop is the best excuse for skipping school she had ever heard of. She made sure to send her hello and well wishes to us. Matt and Will had a great day hanging out.

I had been looking forward to hanging out with the Kimzey’s all week long. The visit was much too short and filled with various interruptions. I had to drive Carlie to Corvallis for her team’s basketball game and on my way home found out that Jansen had not gone with Grandma and Grandpa Schulz to the volleyball game. So rather than go straight to Brooke’s I had to take him over to the Hamilton gym. By the time I got back to Kimzeys, I was wiped out, Cole was on timeout, and it was almost time to go. I wish I could have visited with Brooke longer. She has it all together and is an incredible mother. I admire her so much and am thankful for women like her who are willing to give up their husbands to the service of the military to help maintain our country’s freedom! Dan should return in early spring from his deployment. In the meantime, Brooke is doing an amazing job holding down the fort!

Joe called to let me know he was home from hunting and I told him we were headed over to the gym for PenGwyns volleyball game. I again wasn’t prepared for the emotions that hit me as I walked into our gym. Former students were excited to see me and again, I knew everyone in the stands. We were let in to the game for free! I loved seeing fellow teachers and administrators. But the best was I got to see one of my speced students named Yon. Oh man, do I miss that kid! I visited with the HS Secretary Diane and found out that instead of hiring someone to replace me as long-term sub at the Alternative Learning Center, all the teachers are just covering for Justine. Being at the game made me want my life back….my job back….my students back…and the “me” I used to be back. It felt so right to be sitting in that gym again! I held back tears the whole ride back to Pinesdale. When did I turn into such a cry-baby?

Grandma Jessop had the most delicious beef stew waiting for us when we arrived home later that evening. Don, Rachel, and Shona were also there for a quick visit. Don just got his pilot license! Way to go! He asked if I would dare go up in the plane with him. I was surprised to find myself saying, “Yes, I think I actually would.” Don is one of the few people in this world I actually trust. If anyone could get me up in the air in a teeny plane…it would have to be him. I can’t wait for us to fly over the sand dunes! Rachel also has big news…her book Dreams With Horses release date was 10/10/10! I love her book and can’t wait to see the success that is bound to come her way!

Shona and Kristen had a great time playing together. Kent, Melissa, and their kids also came to visit and play with the girls. Joe was thrilled to hold their newborn baby Danica! What a beautiful girl! I always forget how small they start out in this world! It was so great to visit with family. By the end of the day, I was drained of all energy and soooo happy Joe was back to help with the driving duties for the weekend.

More Spud Harvest Entries to Come…..

No comments:

Post a Comment