
Sung to the tune of "Here We Are Together":
Oh we're so glad it's over, it's over, it's over
Oh we're so glad it's over! Our program was great!
We had Kali on clarinet and Josh on the piano
And Holli ended beautifully by playing the bells!
WOOHOO! Primary Sacrament Meeting Program 2008 was a huge success!!!
This is my 3rd year as Primary Chorister and I was worried about how we would pull this thing off. I did not allow kids to use words to the song for the first time and they definitely proved they were up to the challenge of memorizing 9 songs!!
We have about 60 kids in our primary so it was especially fun to showcase some individual talent. The program started with a darling solo by 2 year old Natalie of I Am a Child of God, and then we were off and running! Kali played "Home" on her Clarinet, Josh played "Love One Another" on the piano and Holli finished the program with a heavenly rendition of "I Am a Child of God"on the bells! We had special quartet/quintet of boys and girls singing different verses in various songs too! Just beautiful! Even the descant in I am a Child of God finally worked!
I am so proud of all my kids. The Stake Primary presidency came and could not believe how wonderful it went. The spirit was so incredibly strong. We had 2 kids singing up there who aren't even members of the church yet! Their mom is investigating but the divorced dad is not interested at all but he actually came and was moved to tears! The chapel was packed with the regulars, some investigators, and a lot of relatives of the kids. We were especially excited that Grandma Jessop was able to come and be a part of our special day!
Garic gets the award for saying his lines the fastest...And apparently Cannon was pulling some John Travolta moves during one of the songs...Jackson gets the sunbeam award for saying "I like family home evening." Only everyone thought he said "My home is freezing". Too cute! But the sweetest part was one that was accidental. After we sang the last verse of I am a Child of God, complete with bells and descant, we were waiting for the closing prayer. In the silence of the chapel, one of the nursery girls, Charlotte, just kept on singing the chorus as she was oblivious to anyone hearing her as she was coloring in her book seated in the congregation! There could not have been a more perfect end to hear that sweet little voice singing "Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way. Teach me all that I must do to live with him someday".
Thanks to everyone who made this program a success. All the hard work throughout the year paid off big! I love my calling and feel so blessed to teach these sweet children all about gospel principles through song!
PS- Kris, we missed you and Lydia this year. Hope you're having a great time in San Diego!
(Or as our little Kristen says, "Where's Otto? Oh yeah. He in San-Diego-Dora!")



Oh for heaven's sake Allie,
ReplyDeleteIf ANYONE on this PLANET could pull off a 5 star primary program, it's you!!! =) It would have been more surprising if it hadn't been stupendous!
You