Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Two For One Lesson

I am thankful that the Lord allows me to learn what I need to learn and always makes sure I'm listening!  If I don't get it the first time, I will certainly get it the second;)  I have a Letterboard on my piano that says "Lord, what would you have me do today?"  Today, I felt impressed to share the following two thoughts.  The first was shared on a closed online fitness group Refit on Demand page and the second was shared on a closed group called Live All In, sponsored by Hilary Weeks...one of my favorite singer/songwriters!  After you read my two posts...do you see a common theme?  I'm pretty sure I was supposed to learn the same thing through both experiences and then share them on social media.  Hope you get the two for one lesson too!

Post on Refit On Demand:

Emily Lindsey Field, I just finished your Rev & Flow class and learned something very profound. The first time the music cut out I was like...no, no, no...I need this workout! The subsequent times it cut out I was like...no, no, no those lucky people in the studio need this workout. I mean they left their house and showed up. I could have just chosen a different OnDemand video but I CHOSE to stay with my class. The woman in the pink shirt in the front row inspired me to keep going even with the music stopped. So yeah we got some extra reps in and that was fine. Finally towards the end, when the music cut out yet again, I found myself saying.... no, no, no, Emily worked so hard to bring this class to us. Lord, please just let it work so she can see the fruits of her labor. Then amidst the silence, Emily embraced the moment and used it as a teaching moment about life. Wow! I am blown away! Interesting how at first the workout was about me but then as things didn't go as planned, my heart and prayers turned outward to other people. I think that is how God intended this life journey to be. We need to surround ourselves with people like the woman in the pink shirt as well as the other class members there and just keep going...even on days when we can't hear the music!

Post on Live All In:

I was so incredibly moved by the LAI (Live All In) FB Live but perhaps for a different reason than most. I was touched by Kim's vulnerability in sharing her story as well as Hilary's beautifully executed performance of At the Same Time. I cried and felt the spirit. So here comes the strange part that moved me. I actually loved that the sound wasn't working properly;) Sometimes we go through life hearing everything in stereo and all is well....however, the true message is how we handle it when the sound seems to be cutting in and out. Trials hit us seemingly from out of nowhere causing our perfect sound to cause feedback, screeching, crackling, muffled sounds or even sometimes a deafening silence. I loved that Hilary Weeks and Kim just kept going. Kept talking....kept smiling....kept crying...kept singing! Thank you so much for living the message of the song amidst the technical difficulties:) "That's where the miracle takes place!"

No comments:

Post a Comment