Sunday, February 10, 2019
Fishers of Men
We are called to be fishers of men...not just keepers of the aquarium! How are you going to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ this week? Today I explored this concept of being fishers of men with the four and five year olds at church. My beat up laundry basket served as our "boat" and then I paper clipped little notes onto my Go-Fish fish. We had a ruler that had a string with a magnet and so the fishing began! As each child took a turn climbing in the boat, they were so excited to catch a fish and find out ways they can follow Jesus:) They were simple things like go to church, pray with your family, and help your mom or dad cook dinner;) They insisted that I climb in the boat too and take my turn...so I did! What if we all were that excited to find out how we can follow Jesus too? Are you sitting in the boat yet? Have you already started fishing? Do you need to cast your nets in a little deeper water and/or on the other side of the boat? This week, let's hold onto the Lord's promise, "I will make you fishers of men...if you follow me!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment