Saturday, February 23, 2019

REFIT is My Happy Place!

REFIT truly is my happy place:)  I struggle with anxiety and depression and have chosen to manage my mental health without the use of prescription drugs.  REFIT allows me to benefit from endorphins as I dance, exercise, and tone not only my body but my mind, heart and spirit.  I love the motivating and uplifting words throughout class and look forward to the prayer at the end of class.  One time Emily said "Let His grace shine upon our face"...and it did.  Another time Priscilla said, "We thank you God for just being able to show up!"  Amen, sister!  I have also benefited from being part of an online community where I am constantly reminded that I am not alone.  I can work out from home even on my most anxious and depressed days and feel like I'm surrounded by friends!  I wish my brain would produce a little more serotonin but I've since realized this is just part of what makes me...well, me!  I am thankful that Refit has become part of my self-love routine!  Would it be weird to call Refit my drug?

No comments:

Post a Comment