Wow! I finally made time to write you! Joe had to spend the night in Pinesdale taking care of his dad who now has full blown dementia so I had the privilege of waking up at 5:45 to get Kristen to her 6am basketball practice. Yep, we've got another baller;) I went ahead and got dressed and ready for the day but it was far too early to actually go into work. Kristen asked me what I was going to do for the next couple of hours. She could tell I wasn't going to go back to sleep;) So I told her I have been wanting to watch a talk on Patriarchal blessings that my dad sent me. She thought that was a great way for me to spend my morning all alone at the house.
Now on to the talk... wow!!! I really needed to hear those words today! I loved the opening quote by Karl G. Maiser. He called patriarchal blessings "A paragraph from our Book of Possibilities". The entire talk rang true and the Holy Ghost testified to me of His love for me. And then towards the end, the quote that stood out was "The Lord doesn't want a performance from you. It's the worthiness to stand and have the Lord go through you!" There were so many other things I took notes on but those were the two that stood out the most. Last night I learned while studying Come Follow Me that the word "beloved" is a powerful word. The prefix be- before a word means fully! "This is my Beloved (fully loved) son...hear Him!" So when Truman G Madsen reminded us that we are Beloved of God and have a lifetime mission....wow! He loves us fully no matter what!
This talk was given at Ricks college in February of 2000. He said some prophetic things about how each of us will need to be teachers as we build the Kingdom of God...even if it's with our home and family;) He talked about how he had faith that President Hinckley would make good on his promise of having 100 temples! And then to see David A. Bednar sitting behind Brother Madsen .... I wonder if he had any idea what lay ahead for him after presiding at Ricks!
After I watched the talk this morning, I pulled out my own patriarchal blessing which I keep in my scriptures. I wept as I read from my book of possibilities! And then I knelt in prayer. All alone in the house. Just me and my Savior! We had a good heart to heart talk and I do believe that he is pleased with my efforts in building the Kingdom of God despite all my many weaknesses. I am so thankful that you are out serving a mission and building the Kingdom of God 24/7. Just wanted to let you know how much I love you! Have a great day!
love, allie
aka: mamaJ
PS: I'm not sure if you have permission to watch this talk but here is the link if you ever get the chance. It is 40 minutes long but every minute is GOLD!



No comments:
Post a Comment