February 11, 2019
I hope 2019 is treating you well so far! Our family has gone through a couple bouts of the cold and flu so January seemed to drag on forever;) I am thrilled we made it to February. One of the songs I heard quite a few times on the radio the past few weeks really spoke to me. The most powerful four words in the English language are “Thy Will Be Done”. Sometimes we don’t understand why certain things happen in our life. We find ourselves on our knees begging for peace, comfort and relief from our worries. Sometimes I forget to trust in God. Just at the moment when all hope seems lost, I inevitably hear a song on SOS radio that snaps me back to reality and reminds me to have an eternal perspective. This song called Thy Will by Hillary Scott was one of those songs. I won’t share the lyrics to the whole song…I’ll let you look up the song and listen to it in its entirety. But here are the lyrics in the bridge of the song that calmed my trouble heart one day.
I hope you will remember that the Lord is there for you no matter what! Oh yeah…and have a happy Valentines’s Day!
Love,
Allison A. Jessop
I know you see me
I know you hear me, Lord
Your plans are for me
Goodness you have in store
I know you hear me, Lord
Your plans are for me
Goodness you have in store
I know you hear me
I know you see me, Lord
Your plans are for me
Good news you have in store
I know you see me, Lord
Your plans are for me
Good news you have in store
So, thy will be done…
Thy will be done…
Thy will be done!
Thy will be done…
Thy will be done!
Songwriters: Bernie Herms / Hillary Scott / Emily Lynn Weisband
Thy Will lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc, Universal Music Publishing Group



No comments:
Post a Comment