This is the letter I wrote to my Zumba instructors (Wendy and Kathy) I sub for all the time. It sums up how I have been feeling:
Hey Zumba sistahs! I thought I should give you an update on how I am doing...not so good. The blood results came back and everything was "normal". If everything is so normal why can't I resume regular life? My ears are still ringing although less and less but the main problem is still my lack of energy. I took seven full days off of work to REST! I believe I have adrenal fatigue which affects every aspect of your health, hormones, thyroid, immune system, etc. Doctors do not like to diagnose adrenal fatigue because it is considered a shaded grey area. Basically I am just watching my diet by eating healthier, drinking more water, and resting...lots and lots of resting! I cannot do any aerobic exercises for the time being....just stretching.
My medical issues sparked up my anxiety disorder. I haven't been this bad since 11 years ago:( I have worked so hard to manage my anxiety so to see all my hard work crumble down around me is frustrating to say the least. I am starting to drive short distances again and am starting to go out in public...but even that is so draining. I have frequent panic attacks which also exhaust me. I am concentrating on baby steps right now...just putting one foot in front of the other.
I miss dancing with you! I still am off balance from the ear issues and can't even dance in the comfort of my own living room yet:( I will not be able to sub at the Canyons...indefinitely:( It feels like my immune system has shut down and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I know this isn't true but I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired! I feel like someone unplugged my power source:(
I basically ran myself right into the ground. Perhaps there was a reason it took me so long to get certified...Zumba seems to have been the lynch pin that sent everything off kilter. I guess I shouldn't have pushed it so hard. My Bishop is in the process of releasing me as Relief Society President of the Hamilton Ward. This makes me very sad but we have to do what is best for the 147 women I serve.
Life is moving at a slower pace for me until I can recuperate and get back to normal. My husband says this is the new normal but I refuse to believe that. My body was designed to heal itself...I am just happy you guys got to catch a glimpse of who I believe I really am:)
I will keep you updated and let you know when I am ready to dance again...
-allie
Wendy responded first:
I so miss your smiles & positive energy. My mom always said "This to shall pass",& she was always right. I want to reach out to you, and help. Please know I am available to just listen. If you want/need help, I'm your go to gal. That's what friends are for. Hang in there Allison, can't wait til you have your "Happy Feet" back. Xoxo
Then Kathy: I have been praying for you that you will get it figured out and be able to get back to the things you love to do, including dancing! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I miss having you in class! In fact, I was telling Wendy the other day how much I LOVE having you in Toning because you don't try to hide in the back!
Hey Zumba sistahs! I thought I should give you an update on how I am doing...not so good. The blood results came back and everything was "normal". If everything is so normal why can't I resume regular life? My ears are still ringing although less and less but the main problem is still my lack of energy. I took seven full days off of work to REST! I believe I have adrenal fatigue which affects every aspect of your health, hormones, thyroid, immune system, etc. Doctors do not like to diagnose adrenal fatigue because it is considered a shaded grey area. Basically I am just watching my diet by eating healthier, drinking more water, and resting...lots and lots of resting! I cannot do any aerobic exercises for the time being....just stretching.
My medical issues sparked up my anxiety disorder. I haven't been this bad since 11 years ago:( I have worked so hard to manage my anxiety so to see all my hard work crumble down around me is frustrating to say the least. I am starting to drive short distances again and am starting to go out in public...but even that is so draining. I have frequent panic attacks which also exhaust me. I am concentrating on baby steps right now...just putting one foot in front of the other.
I miss dancing with you! I still am off balance from the ear issues and can't even dance in the comfort of my own living room yet:( I will not be able to sub at the Canyons...indefinitely:( It feels like my immune system has shut down and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I know this isn't true but I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired! I feel like someone unplugged my power source:(
I basically ran myself right into the ground. Perhaps there was a reason it took me so long to get certified...Zumba seems to have been the lynch pin that sent everything off kilter. I guess I shouldn't have pushed it so hard. My Bishop is in the process of releasing me as Relief Society President of the Hamilton Ward. This makes me very sad but we have to do what is best for the 147 women I serve.
Life is moving at a slower pace for me until I can recuperate and get back to normal. My husband says this is the new normal but I refuse to believe that. My body was designed to heal itself...I am just happy you guys got to catch a glimpse of who I believe I really am:)
I will keep you updated and let you know when I am ready to dance again...
-allie
Wendy responded first:
I so miss your smiles & positive energy. My mom always said "This to shall pass",& she was always right. I want to reach out to you, and help. Please know I am available to just listen. If you want/need help, I'm your go to gal. That's what friends are for. Hang in there Allison, can't wait til you have your "Happy Feet" back. Xoxo
Then Kathy: I have been praying for you that you will get it figured out and be able to get back to the things you love to do, including dancing! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I miss having you in class! In fact, I was telling Wendy the other day how much I LOVE having you in Toning because you don't try to hide in the back!
Continue
to take baby steps and you will get better. The saying "time heals all
wounds" comes to mind, even though you are not wounded. Give it time and
you will get better. I don't believe this is the new normal for you.
You were destined for more and you were born to dance and you will again
some day! Be patient, take time and hang in there. Again, please let
me know if there is anything I can do for you.



No comments:
Post a Comment