For all those reading my blog, please read this incredible book by Karen Kingsbury to fully understand how I am feeling the week of my oldest child graduating from high school! Here is the opening page:
"Long ago you came to me, a miracle of firsts:
First smiles and teeth and baby steps, a sunbeam on the burst.
But one day you will move away and leave me to your past,
And I will be left thinking of a lifetime of your lasts..."
Wednesday was Jansen's last day of school at Corvallis High School. I was an emotional wreck! I think I cried more one his last day of school than I did on his first day of kindergarten. My counselors had taken me out to lunch to have closure to all of us being released from the Relief Society presidency the previous Sunday. I was only a couple of blocks away from Kristen's school when they called to let me know she had scraped her knee. They said she was fine and didn't even cry and they had bandaged it up. It was almost more than I could take. I went to the school and picked her up. I think I needed her more than she needed me but I just wanted to hold onto her longer as I realized my time holding Jansen is quickly coming to an end.
Finally, as Kris and I were reading her bedtime story, the tears just started flowing and I knew that I needed to be with my baby boy who is now my man-child. I went upstairs to where he was watching Sports Center. I told him how much I love him and how proud I am of him. We just hugged and he let me cry and cry. He was a bit teary eyed too. Time seems to be moving at light speed right now and I am left, caught in the whirlwind of emotions.
I know children leaving is all part of the plan but oh, how I wish I could hold him longer!



No comments:
Post a Comment